Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best of 2011

We're heading into 2012 so I guess it's time for the annual "Best of" lists to start coming out. I'll start with the best stories of the last year that I worked at DoubleACS. One of these may have technically been produced in December of 2010 but that's just semantics.


The best part of this interview was me having to run back to the studio to get a battery for the camera since I forgot it as I was leaving. I apologized for it only to have Maddie tell me to "never let it happen again". That sense of humor and relaxed attitude was obvious throughout our conversation as though she was amazed that this would be a story at all. I was astounded by the courage that she, and her family, showed in the situation and the remarkable recovery that she made.


Concussions are a serious issue at all levels of athletics and for some reason when Massachusetts created a law forcing the MIAA to make changes to its regulations and education no one seemed to make a big deal about it. Part of the problem was that no one was quite sure what it would mean for schools, athletes, coaches, or parents. That's still an issue but I was thankful that at least the issue was being addressed.


This was one of my favorite interviews that I did while working at DoubleACS, partially because it came out pretty well but also because it's much easier to interview someone who is excited about the topic. Missy had tons of energy and an infectious enthusiasm for the new job.

This last video I didn't finish editing, but conducted the interview and found the clips from the game action. I had never seen him smile before this interview. He played with aggression and a scowl and until I spoke with him off the field I had no idea he was a funny, gregarious kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment